Ketogenic Friendly Paleo Waffles
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 large free range eggs (separated)
- Or ½ cup pumpkin puree for a vegan friendly option
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Innotech Nutrition Organic Fermented Vegan Protein Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional toppings – maple syrup, fresh fruit
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Skip this step if making the vegan friendly version
- In a separate bowl, combine the Innotech Nutrition Fermented Plant Based Protein, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt the almond butter and coconut oil and then add to the flour mixture. Once fully combined, add the egg yolks, almond milk and vanilla to the batter.
- Fold in the egg whites with a spatula. The batter should be fluffy and light.
- Spray the waffle iron with coconut oil or avocado oil cooking spray.
- Pour 3/4 cup of batter into the waffle iron for each waffle.
- Optional: Top with maple syrup, strawberries, blueberries or whatever else your heart desires!