Skip to content
- stand up mixer, or mixing bowl and spoon
- measuring cups
- parchment paper
- cookie tray
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp xanthum gum
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp (2 packets) yeast
- 1/2 cup very warm water
- 4 free range eggs
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut oil, avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Mix yeast with warm water and set aside.
- Blend together dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and yeast into the mixing bowl. Blend together well. Batter should be the consistency of peanut butter.
- Divide the dough into two parts. Generously flour with buckwheat flour and form into loaves. No need to knead, as there is no gluten.
- Form into round loaves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using buckwheat flour as dust to prevent sticking.
- Allow to sit in warm over for 2 hours to rise.
- After rising, pre-heat oven to 375. Once hot, place breads in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until done.