What Are Humic and Fulvic Acids?
Humic acid and fulvic acid are types of “humic substances,” the major components of organic matter found throughout nature as a result of the action of millions of beneficial microbes on decomposing plants (humification). Considered to be the most chemically active compounds in soil, humic substances contain many nutritional phytochemical groups, including natural sterols, hormones, fatty acids, polyphenols, and ketones, as well as phytochemical subgroups of compounds such as flavonoids, flavones, flavins,catechins, tannins, quinones, isoflavones, and tocopherols, among others. These compounds are some of the most valuable and promising nutrients known today.
Fulvic Acid: One of Nature’s Miracles
More and more scientists and doctors worldwide are recognizing the extraordinary potential of fulvic acid, an important component of humic acid. For millennia, human beings have received beneficial amounts of fulvic acid complexes through their consumption of plants, just as nature intended. Unfortunately, modern use of pesticides and fertilizers, along with inadequate agricultural practices, erosion, and mineral depletion, have contributed to decreased microbial activity in the world’s soil deposits. As a result, adequate quantities of fulvic acid have been missing from our food crops for generations.
Why is this an important health issue to address?
Because fulvic acid derived from humate usually contains 60 or more minerals and trace elements that are nutritionally essential for cell health and balance (including cell growth and replication). That’s not all. In addition to helping transport minerals to living cells, catalyzing vitamins within cells, and metabolizing proteins, RNA, and DNA, fulvic acid also acts as:
• A Powerful Organic Electrolyte: Electrolytes are used by the body’s cells to maintain voltages across cellular membranes and to convey electrical impulses to other cells. Fulvic acid helps cells achieve a vital electrochemical balance across and among the body’s cells.
• A Free-radical Scavenger and Antioxidant: Fulvic acid can react with both negatively and positively unpaired free electrons to render free radicals harmless, changing them into new useable compounds or eliminating them as waste. Fulvic acid also promotes oxidation-reduction reactions of transition metals that can damage the body’s cells and tissues.
• A Natural Chelator and Pollutant Detoxifier: Fulvic acid is effective in transforming metals and minerals into readily absorbable forms. It can also bind with organic pollutants (pesticides, herbicides) to form new types of metal ions, catalyze the breakdown of toxic pollutants, and weather and decompose silica to release essential mineral nutrients.
• An Aid in Increasing Nutrient Bio-availability: Fulvic acid’s low molecular weight helps render cellular walls more penetrable by reducing their surface tension, thus allowing cells to more easily and efficiently respirate, hydrate, absorb minerals, amino acids and other nutrients, and eliminate waste.
• Humic acid and Alkalinity: with a pH of 8.5 it is extremely alkaline in our bodies. Humic Acid is known for its inability to help the biological terrain of the human body change from acidic, anaerobic environment low in oxygen content, to a beneficial alkaline terrain high in oxygen content which helps the body reduce harmful bacterial and microbial growth. Thus making it an environment in which disease cannot thrive and live in.
Studies indicate Humic Acid can act as a Potent Anti-Viral
Various clinical trials have been performed and the anti-viral effects have been well documented. Google anti-viral effects of humic acid for more detailed information.
Detox 101 also contains Choline for Liver and Brain Support
Choline makes acetylcholine, which is an important neurotransmitter needed for brain and memory function. In fact, scientists are now researching the possibility that choline may be beneficial in treating and even preventing diseases that affect the brain and central nervous system.
Choline keeps the liver healthy by helping to move fats from the liver to cells in the body. Choline makes phosphatidylcholine (PC), which is crucial for making the fatty substance that is used to form cell membranes and phosphatidylcholine may in turn be used by the body as a source of choline (in Germany, doctors sometimes prescribe phosphatidycholine to treat liver damage).
Recommended Purpose: Detox 101 is a great electrolyte replacement. Zinc and Vitamin C help in connective tissue formation. Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin C help the body to metabolize fats and proteins. Zinc and Magnesium help the body to metabolize carbohydrates. Zinc helps to maintain immune function. Vitamin C is an antioxidant for the maintenance of good health. Vitamin C helps in wound healing. Magnesium helps to maintain proper muscle function. Choline helps to support liver function.
Recommended Dose (adults): Take 1 tablespoon daily, mixed in 500 mL of filtered water. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications. Additional Dosage Information: Dosage unit = 1 tablespoon.
1 TBSP = 400 mg of Humic Acid, 280 mg Vitamin C, 250 mg of Choline, 25 mg of Magnesium and 15 mg of Zinc.
Recommended Storage Conditions: Refrigerate after opening.
Caution: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you suffer from a liver or immune disorder. Contra-Indications: Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
Known Adverse Reactions: Some people may experience stool discoloration.
Recommended duration of use: For prolonged use, consult a health care practitioner.